Imagine Fox Cities is an inclusive community-wide initiative created to be intentional about shaping the future of the Fox Cities when it comes to well-being.
In October 2019, more than 300 people from across the Fox Cities participated in a Community Summit to hear about a new visioning effort called Imagine Fox Cities. Information about what was learned from a well-being survey and community conversations prior to the summit was shared, and revealed in the community’s living vision for the future.
Throughout the Summit day, one theme was central: the importance of belonging. As a result, the Imagine Fox Cities coordinating committee chose Belonging in the Fox Cities as an initial focus of its work to inspire community action.
What action can you take right now?
- Listen to the recording of our August 20, 2020, community convening: Antiracism, Belonging and Community.
- Check out our Conversations on Race: Community Conversations Host Guides. The goals of these conversations are to listen and share personal stories without judgement in order to create a foundation upon which to take action together to eliminate racism.
- Host a conversation on race using the conversation guides. Do you want help with leading a conversation? Request a facilitator here.
- Participate in and invite people you know to join you in upcoming Community Conversations about race hosted by the Appleton Public Library and United Way Fox Cities Emerging Leaders.
- Educate yourself about antiracism by using one or more of the resources on our list of videos, websites, podcasts and books.
- Share the availability of these opportunities with people you know: family, friends, coworkers, community and business leaders, faith community.
- Follow us on Facebook!